Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MY thoughts on Duluth.

OK Duluth is been in the books for a few weeks but I have be thinking about what my thoughts on this race were before I wrote anything.  I even wanted to wait until after the Ironwood race but I figured I'd throw this up before that.  Here is what went down in Pro

Friday- Ross Martin-POL wins AMSOil Shootout

Saturday- 1. Robbie Malinoski-DOO  2. Ross Martin-POL  3. Tim Tremblay-DOO  4. Hibbert

Sunday- 1. Ross Martin-POL  2. T.J. Gulla-POL  3. Tucker Hibbert-CAT


Yes, Malinoski won Saturday but Martin won Friday and Sunday but last I knew 2 wins were better than 1.

Biggest story in my opinion?  Cat only having 2 sleds in the Pro final on Saturday besides Tucker!  2!!  This sled reminds me of that toilet that ski-doo put out in 2008.  Cat has been putting the testing work in since this event to get the machine right so I am sure it will be better at Ironwood but MAN that thing looked terrible at Duluth IMO.  People can bag on Tucker because he didn't win.  Kinda like what happened when Carmichael was so dominate, he was EXPECTED to win.  Anything less was a let down. I thought Tucker rode great for what the circumstances were and he will do better at Ironwood.  One thing is for sure the rest of the field has stepped it up and it is going to be a great season.

If you missed the race online check it out on Versus (Soon to be called NBC Sports)
Sunday 12/18 5 PM ET

Random Notes- This guy (me) is pumped to see TJ riding like his old self.  Also I was glad to see Tater make the Pro final along with showing the Pro Vet class how it is done also.  Guy is a beast.  Levi is looking good and made the final both days.  He straight up caught and PASSED Hibbert in in a heat one day.  I know he is taking it easy so he doesn't get hurt before his NYE jump but once that goes down the guy will be going to podiums if not wins for sure.

Bender's sick Open sled on Saturday.  Check out those tall spindles!  Sneak peak of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment